Job title: Content Editor
Place of work: Central London
Salary: Competitive for non-profit
Minimum experience: 5 years
Contract type: Full Time
Starting date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Monday 24 July 2017
Interviews: Phone Interviews 27 – 30 July, In-Person Interviews 2 – 4 August
Please send applications with CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best for Britain is a dynamic new advocacy and campaign organisation, working across the UK and key European capitals, focused on keeping all options on the table for the UK’s future relationship with the EU.
We are seeking an experienced Content Editor with a proven track record of delivering high quality communications within a political, campaigning or policy based environment.
- Brainstorm, plan, edit and, create relevant, engaging written, graphic and video content for our website, social media sites, newsletters and other media channels;
- Ensure the quality of content: written, visual, audio and video, including infographics;
- Proofread copy for grammar, tone of voice and adherence to key messaging and house style, and make appropriate changes;
- Build, develop and manage a cross organisational content calendar, ensuring that the press, members, clients, service users, stakeholders and the internal team are communicated with regularly, appropriately and effectively;
- Manage SEO, google analytics and similar tracking systems, and produce weekly, monthly and quarterly analytical reports identifying key trends, opportunities and challenges;
- Work to ensure a significant increase in online traffic in line with the organisation’s objectives.
- Proven success in delivering high quality content and communications targeting a diverse range of audiences;
- Clear commitment to the aims of the organisation;
- Impeccable copywriting skills, with an excellent grasp of written English language and a high attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to take complex information and communicate it in a easily-understandable way to a broad audience;
- Strong research skills – you are able to be given a topic that you know little about, bring yourself up to speed on that area and produce new and engaging content on key issues;
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record in delivering relevant, creative, engaging online content in a similar role;
- Graphic design and video editing skills, preferably including a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and similar design packages;
- A keen interest in and understanding of the EU exit process and associated political and policy issues;
- Ability to identify, lead and drive projects from conception to completion with experience of cross organisational teams
- Experience of working in a shifting environment and of working to short deadlines;
- Willingness to experiment, innovate, learn and do things differently.